A spray bottle with rubbing alcohol or soap and water, lint-free towel or cloth, razor blade or scissors, squeegee-felt-edge, masking tape, and measuring tape.
- Do not use any chemical-based window cleaners, as this may damage the adhesive.
- The optimum temperature range for decal adhesion is between 70° – 80°F with low levels of humidity, away from direct sunlight.
- Try not to unroll or place the film on the floor, as this will leave dust and debris on the film, causing scratches when applying with the squeegee.
- Always choose the decal size at least 2 inches wider and higher than your window. It makes it much easier when it comes to trimming the excess off and gives you a little “wiggle room” to account for the curved surface.
2. Application Instructions:
Please read the instructions first before you install so you get an idea of what the steps are and make no mistakes.
Step 1: Cleaning the surface to remove all grease, wax, tar, dirt and dry with a lint-free towel/cloth. Make sure nothing is hindering your application.
Step 2: Position the graphic on the window, place your film (with the backing paper still on) on the rear window to determine a good position for your decal. Measure the height – width of the window, using a measuring tape to find a center point. Once you’ve centered your decal, temporarily hold it in place with masking tape in the middle and corners.
Step 3: Start peeling off the backing paper on the right side and use scissors to cut away the paper in preparation for adhering. Installation may require 2 people (1 person holding the film for gradual alignment and 1 person flattening the decal).
Step 4: Firmly apply the decal using the squeegee starting from the center of the decal pushing outwards. Use pressure to flatten the decal against the window, using the squeegee to push out any bubbles. Now, this half is installed.
Step 5: You can remove the masking tape in the middle and start on the left side, the same process as we did before, peel off the backing paper and apply the rest of the decal. Always start from the middle working out towards the edges.
Step 6: Use a razor blade to carefully outline the window all the way around and trim off any excess material.
Step 7: Use the squeegee to fine-tune and secure all the edges of the graphic.
You’ve done it! Now enjoy your ride!
Above are instructions for dry application, no water. If you are familiar with the installation by wet spraying the decal surface, then feel free to use that installation method.
3. Care and Maintenance Tips:
- Be sure to take your time while squeezing the film. If you rush, you’ll end up creating air pockets that will inevitably ruin your decal.
- Please allow at least 48 hours for the vinyl decals to completely dry and properly adhere to the window. Do not get the vinyl decals wet during this time.
- If your rear window has a wiper, please remove it from the window before installing the decal and only let it work properly again after at least 72 hours.
- If you notice that any air bubbles are found within the newly applied decal, you can use a pin to gently puncture the bubble. After doing so, rub the decal towards the pinhole in a circular motion to release the trapped air.
- No direct scraping or hard scrubbing. Decals are tough, but not indestructible!
- We do not recommend cleaning with Windex or any kind of strong cleaner. You can take your car to a car wash but only regular automotive detergents are used.